Quick Start of 4G Mobile WI-FI
(Mobile WIFI 4G LTE)
Getting to Know Your Mobile WiFi
- Battery indicator
- Green: Sufficient battery.
- Blinking green: Charging the battery.
- Red: Low battery.
- Power button
- Micro USB port
- Signal indicator
Green: Strong signal.
Orange: Weak signal.
Red: No signal.
SSID and Wireless Network Encryption Key
When a Wi-Fi device establishes a connection to the Mobile WiFi for the first time, you may need to enter the default Service Set Identifier (SSID) and wireless network encryption key.
The default SSID and encryption key are printed on the Mobile WiFi label.
Charging the Battery
- If the Mobile WiFi has not been used for a long time or if the battery is fully depleted, the Mobile WiFi may not power on immediately after the charger is plugged in. Please charge the battery for a while before attempting to power on the Mobile WiFi.
- Method: Use the charger to charge the device or connect to computer
- Note: Use of an incompatible charger or one from an unknown manufacturer may cause the Mobile WiFi to malfunction, fail, or could even cause a fire. Such use voids all warranties, whether expressed or implied, on the product.
Connecting to the Internet via Wi-Fi
Step 1: Turn on the Mobile WiFi
Press and hold the power button until indicator lights up, indicating that the Mobile WiFi is turned on.
Step 2: Establish a Wi-Fi connection (using a computer running the Windows 7 operating system as an example)
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi function is enabled.
- Select Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Connect to a network.
- Select the wireless network connection with the Mobile WiFi’s SSID and click Connect.
If the wireless network connection is encrypted, enter the correct wireless network encryption key. z The default SSID and encryption key are printed on the Mobile WiFi’s label.
- Wait a moment for the wireless network connection icon to appear in the system tray in the lower right corner of the computer screen. The wireless network connection is then established.
Step 3: Connect to the Internet
If data is transmitted, the Mobile WiFi will automatically connect to the Internet. If data is not transmitted for a period of time, the Mobile WiFi will automatically disconnect from the network connection.
Battery Saving Mode
If the Mobile WiFi has been inactive for some time, it enters the standby mode and all the indicators are off. Pressing the power button causes the indicators to light up.
When the Mobile WiFi is being powered only by the battery, you can choose to enable or disable the automatic Wi-Fi off function. If this function is enabled and if no Wi-Fi devices access the Mobile WiFi for a period of time, the Wi-Fi turns off automatically. You can press the power button to turn the Wi-Fi on again.
Example: Connecting to a Tablet Computer (for example, iPad) through Wi-Fi
- Touch Settings > Wi-Fi to turn on Wi-Fi.
- The tablet computer automatically searches for wireless connections and displays a list of access points.
- Select the access point with the Mobile WiFi’s SSID.
- If required, enter the correct wireless network encryption key, and tap Join.
(The lock icon indicates that the encryption key is required to connect to this wireless network.)
Note: Wi-Fi devices, such as an iPhone, iPod touch, PS3 and NDSi, can all access the Internet through the Mobile WiFi.
When the Mobile WiFi is in use for an extended period of time, it will become warm and may overheat. Should this happen, the Mobile WiFi will automatically close the network connection and turn off to protect itself from damage. If this occurs, place the Mobile WiFi in a well-ventilated space to allow the heat to dissipate, then turn it on and continue to use it as normal.
If you are unable to use the Mobile WiFi as normal, try the following:
Restart the Mobile WiFi.
Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4G Pocket wifi your best traveling companions. Stayed connected with family and friends during the trip.
If you have more questions, please visit our website:www.pocwifi.co.nz